- Winner of two Silver Concourse awards (Sydney and Melbourne)
- Includes a Jaguar Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate authenticating the manufacture of the vehicle and confirming that it is an original, numbers matching Australian delivered vehicle
- Original Owners Handbook, Leyland Australia Warranty Identification Certificate, Emission Control Handbook and Wiring Diagram, as supplied by Bryson's. A new edition of the Owners Handbook is also provided
- Original Leyland "Passport to Service" book, documenting the full service history from first registration to current (112,000km)
- Factory workshop manual and spare parts catalogue
- Listed with the Australian XJC Register, which is accredited by the Australian Council of Jaguar Clubs
- The (Australian) Jaguar Magazine (Edition 103) featured an extended seven page article on the car and it's restoration
The vehicle had an extensive bare metal body and interior restoration. It was in regular use and in very good original condition. Purchased from a deceased estate (78 year old gentleman owned for 18 years) it was a genuine unmolested vehicle that had never been repainted or restored but after twenty-five years and 101,000 kilometres it was starting to show its age. A complete inventory of receipts and a detailed photographic history of the restoration was kept.
Summary of work undertaken
- Interior and body stripped of all glass, bolt on panels, rubbers, fittings and chrome etc. Mechanicals left in place and the engine bay remains original
- Body bead blasted back to the original etch primer and all panels file finished to bare metal and etch primed. Great care taken to weather proof everything and ensure excellent fitment of all panels
- Body repainted inside and out in two pack paint, premium PPG products. Top coats were professionally applied and baked in a spray booth/baking oven
- All inner panels, floor pans and sills etc weather sealed and rustproofed with POR15, EXTROL Rust Conqueror and generous coats of fish oil
- Every body rubber, seal, weather strip and grommet replaced
- Boot area repainted and retrimmed using original materials
- Door hinges and electric window winders reconditioned
- Floor pans painted, rustproofed and fitted with new sound insulation
- Interior received new hood lining, carpets, heal mats, underlay, soundproofing, draft strips, dash crashpad, door trim backing's, rear parcel shelf etc.
- New vinyl roof fitted using imported English material
- Original leather seats oiled and stripped to bare leather and redyed using Leatherique products, in the original Jaguar factory colour (Olive)
- Climate control air-conditioning and heating rebuilt
- New rear disc rotors, whitewall tyres, chrome wheels, heavy duty battery, laminated tinted windscreen and fuel lines were replaced etc. etc. etc.
- New brake master cylinder and electric fuel pump fitted